Email MeScott C. Krist
Attorney Scott C. Krist has earned an impressive set of state and national credentials, awards and honors:
- Scott Krist obtained the largest published maritime personal injury recovery for a single plaintiff in Texas history among cases where the full details of the case have been made public.
- Scott Krist obtained the largest personal injury recovery in Texas in 2011.
- Best Lawyers In America - The Best Lawyers in the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. It is an invitation-only organization. The list is compiled from the results of exhaustive peer-review surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers nationwide confidentially evaluate their professional peers. Scott Krist has received this honor every year since 2008.
- Top 500 Leading Plaintiff's Lawyers In America for 2011 as published by Lawdragon Magazine. Scott Krist was one of only 3 plaintiff's personal injury lawyers in Houston to be named to the list.
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Texas by The National Trial Lawyers every year since 2007. Membership into The National Trial Lawyers is by invitation and is extended only to the top 100 trial attorneys in Texas based upon superior qualifications, trial results, leadership, influence, reputation, stature, and profile in the trial attorney community.
- Texas Best Lawyers - Mr. Krist has been included in this listing every year since the publication began. It is published by Best Lawyers and by invitation only after exhaustive peer review. It is limited to a small handful of plaintiff’s personal injury lawyers in Houston.
- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers – Martindale-Hubbell is the organization that rates all attorneys and is utilized by attorneys seeking to evaluate other attorneys. Mr. Krist has been rated A.V., their highest rating, indicating the “highest legal ability and ethical standards”.
- Texas Super Lawyers as published in Texas Monthly Magazine. Scott Krist has received this honor every year since 2004.
- The Best Lawyers in Houston in H Texas Magazine. Scott Krist has repeatedly been named among the Best Lawyers in Houston. Selected by his peers for superior performance as an attorney.
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America. This invitation-only lawyer honorary society is limited to less than one-third of one percent of American lawyers. The Counsel recognizes excellence among litigation and trial counsel across all segments of the bar. The purpose is to recognize experienced and highly qualified lawyers. Its purpose is to promote superior advocacy and ethical standards.
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation. Scott Krist has been named a Fellow of this Foundation, which is an honorary organization of attorneys, judges, and law professions whose professional, public, and private careers have demonstrated outstanding dedication to the welfare of their communities and to the highest principals of the legal profession. This is an invitation-only organization limited to one-third of one percent of the lawyers licensed to practice in each jurisdiction. The American Bar Foundation is a preeminent resource of lawyers, scholars and policy makers who seek insightful analysis of legal theory and related topics.
- Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation. This invitation-only organization is dedicated to advancing the justice system for all. It is limited to one-third of one percent of the membership of the State Bar of Texas. Selection is based on an outstanding record in the legal profession as well as a commitment to support the community at large.
- Chancellor's Council of The University of Texas System. Mr. Krist was appointed to this council, which includes individuals with significant history of philanthropy toward public higher education. Members provide advice and counsel to the Chancellor regarding plans and objectives for the U.T. System.
Areas of Practice
- Products Liability Law
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Admiralty & Maritime Law
- Jones Act
- Longshore & Harbor Workers' Compensation Act
- Business & Commercial Law
- Consumer Protection
- Construction Law
- Housing & Construction Defects
- Environmental Law
- Litigation & Appeals
- Complex Litigation
- Assault & Battery -- Plaintiff
- Aviation Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Defamation & Privacy -- Plaintiff
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Premises Liability -- Plaintiff
- Property Damage -- Plaintiff
- Railroad Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Wrongful Death -- Plaintiff
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Chemicals & Cosmetics
- Food & Agricultural Products
- Machinery & Tools
- Medical Products & Devices
- Motor Vehicle Defects
- Pharmaceutical Products
- Recreational Products
- Railroad Worker Injury/FELA
- Toxic Torts
- Hazardous Waste
- Radiation & Electromagnetic Energy
- Transportation Law
- Mass Transit
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Texas, 1991
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1992
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1992
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1991
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1991
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- J.D. - 1990
- Honors: With Honors
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.B.A. - 1988
- Major: Business
- Liability of Insurance Agents: Misrepresentation and Failure to Provide Adequate Coverage, University of Houston Law Foundation, 1993
- Course of Action Against An Insurance Agent; Extending Liability to the Insurer, University of Houston Law Foundation, 1994
- Proving Non-Pecuniary Losses, 5th Annual Medical Malpractice Conference, 1994
- Non-Economic Damages, 6th Annual Medical Malpractice Conference, 1995
Honors and Awards
- The Top 500 Leading Plaintiff's Lawyers In America as published by Lawdragon Magazine, 2011 - Present
- AV rated by Martindale Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Galveston County Bar Association
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- State Bar of Texas, Judiciary Relations Committee, 2001 - 2004
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- State Bar Judiciary Relations Committee
- Fifth Federal Circuit Bar Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, 1991 - Present
- Texas Center for Legal Ethics & Professionalism
- Supreme Court Historical Society