Email MeScott C. Krist
Attorney Scott C. Krist is the owner and lead trial lawyer at The Krist Law Firm. He is an Honors graduate from The University of Texas School of Law and has earned an impressive set of state and national credentials, awards and honors:
- Houston Lawyer - National and International Recognition
Listed in the Texas Lawyer Top Verdicts and Settlements in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.
Obtained the largest personal injury recovery in Texas in 2011.
Obtained the second largest published maritime personal injury recovery in Texas history.
As ranked by Verdict Search, obtained the largest premises liability recovery in Texas in 2013.
Obtained the largest commercial trucking verdict in Texas in 2014.
Best Lawyers In America - The oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. It is an invitation-only organization. The list is compiled from the results of exhaustive peer-review surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers nationwide confidentially evaluate their professional peers. Mr. Krist has received this honor every year since 2008.
Top 500 Leading Plaintiff's Lawyers in America in 2011 as published by Law dragon Magazine. Mr. Krist was one of only three plaintiff's personal injury lawyers in Houston to be named to the list.
Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Texas by The National Trial Lawyers every year since 2007. Membership into The National Trial Lawyers is by invitation and is extended only to the top 100 trial attorneys in Texas based upon superior qualifications, trial results, leadership, influence, reputation, stature, and profile in the trial attorney community.
Trial Lawyers Board of Regents Litigator Award - This award reflects the top 1% of lawyers in America as based upon the size and number of multi-million dollar recoveries. Candidates are limited to qualify in up to six categories. Mr. Krist is one of the select few to have qualified in all six, to include auto accidents, truck accidents, maritime, brain injury, wrongful death, and personal injury in general.
Texas Super Lawyers as published in Texas Monthly Magazine. Mr. Krist has received this honor every year since 2004.
Top Lawyers in Houston - Listed as one of the top lawyers in Houston, Texas, by Houstonia Magazine.
The Best Lawyers in Houston in H Texas Magazine. Mr. Krist has repeatedly been named among the Best Lawyers in Houston. Selected by his peers for superior performance as an attorney.
Texas Best Lawyers - Mr. Krist has been included in this listing every year since the publication began. It is published by Best Lawyers and by invitation only after exhaustive peer review. It is limited to a small handful of plaintiff's personal injury lawyers in Texas.
Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers - Martindale-Hubbell is the organization that rates all attorneys and is utilized by attorneys seeking to evaluate other attorneys. Mr. Krist has been rated A.V., their highest rating, indicating the "highest legal ability and ethical standards".
Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America. This invitation-only lawyer honorary society is limited to less than one-third of one percent of American lawyers. The Counsel recognizes excellence among litigation and trial counsel across all segments of the bar. The purpose is to recognize experienced and highly qualified lawyers. Its purpose is to promote superior advocacy and ethical standards.
Fellow of the American Bar Foundation. Mr. Krist has been named a Fellow of this Foundation, which is an honorary organization of attorneys, judges, and law professions whose professional, public, and private careers have demonstrated outstanding dedication to the welfare of their communities and to the highest principals of the legal profession. This is an invitation-only organization limited to one-third of one percent of the lawyers licensed to practice in each jurisdiction. The American Bar Foundation is a preeminent resource of lawyers, scholars and policy makers who seek insightful analysis of legal theory and related topics.
Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation. This invitation-only organization is dedicated to advancing the justice system for all. It is limited to one-third of one percent of the membership of the State Bar of Texas. Selection is based on an outstanding record in the legal profession as well as a commitment to support the community at large.
Chancellor's Council of The University of Texas System. Mr. Krist was appointed to this council, which includes individuals with significant history of philanthropy toward public higher education. Members provide advice and counsel to the Chancellor regarding plans and objectives for the U.T. System.
Areas of Practice
- Products Liability Law
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Admiralty & Maritime Law
- Jones Act
- Longshore & Harbor Workers' Compensation Act
- Business & Commercial Law
- Consumer Protection
- Construction Law
- Housing & Construction Defects
- Environmental Law
- Litigation & Appeals
- Complex Litigation
- Assault & Battery -- Plaintiff
- Aviation Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Defamation & Privacy -- Plaintiff
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Premises Liability -- Plaintiff
- Property Damage -- Plaintiff
- Railroad Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Wrongful Death -- Plaintiff
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Chemicals & Cosmetics
- Food & Agricultural Products
- Machinery & Tools
- Medical Products & Devices
- Motor Vehicle Defects
- Pharmaceutical Products
- Recreational Products
- Railroad Worker Injury/FELA
- Toxic Torts
- Hazardous Waste
- Radiation & Electromagnetic Energy
- Transportation Law
- Mass Transit
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Texas, 1991
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1992
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1992
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1991
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1991
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- J.D. - 1990
- Honors: With Honors
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.B.A. - 1988
- Major: Business
- Liability of Insurance Agents: Misrepresentation and Failure to Provide Adequate Coverage, University of Houston Law Foundation, 1993
- Course of Action Against An Insurance Agent; Extending Liability to the Insurer, University of Houston Law Foundation, 1994
- Proving Non-Pecuniary Losses, 5th Annual Medical Malpractice Conference, 1994
- Non-Economic Damages, 6th Annual Medical Malpractice Conference, 1995
Honors and Awards
- Listed in the Texas Lawyer Top Verdicts and Settlements in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014
- Obtained the largest personal injury recovery in Texas in 2011
- Obtained the second largest published maritime personal injury recovery in Texas history
- As ranked by Verdict Search, obtained the largest premises liability recovery in Texas in 2013
- Obtained the largest commercial trucking verdict in Texas in 2014
- Best Lawyers In America
- Top 500 Leading Plaintiff's Lawyers in America
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Texas
- Trial Lawyers Board of Regents Litigator Award
- Texas Super Lawyers
- Top Lawyers in Houston
- The Best Lawyers in Houston in H Texas Magazine
- Texas Best Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation
- Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation
- Chancellor's Council of The University of Texas System
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Galveston County Bar Association
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- State Bar of Texas, Judiciary Relations Committee, 2001 - 2004
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- State Bar Judiciary Relations Committee
- Fifth Federal Circuit Bar Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, 1991 - Present
- Texas Center for Legal Ethics & Professionalism
- Supreme Court Historical Society